- 1- Whole chicken, this one was about 2lbs enough for four people.
- Potatoes and carrots cut into bit size pieces.
- 3 Sprigs of Rosemary preferebly fresh. One sprig chopped
- 1-Onion halved
- 1 T minced Garlic
- 1-Lemon halved
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut potaoes and carrots add to the bottom of 9x13 dish until bottom of dish is evenly covered. I use 2-3 of each, you can add more if you like.
- Cut the Onion in half. Cut one half into bit size pieces and scatter over potatoes and carrots. The other half is reserved to put inside chicken.
- Remove innards of chicken. Place garlic half of lemon and remaining half of onion inside of the chicken. These will give it flavor and keep it juicy. Place chicken on top of potatoes and carrots in pan.
5. Squeeze other half of lemon all over chicken.
6. Place chicken breast side down in pan. It keeps the breast meat juicy.
7. Place remaining rosemary sprigs on top of vegetables.
If your Chicken starts to pop grease all over or the top starts to burn before the inside is done, then cover with foil.
That's it! Let me know once you try this by posting to the comments section I would love to know how it turns out. Also any questions are welcome.