Uses for Aloe:
- Soothes sun burn and kitchen burn. It also promote faster healing and tissue repair.
- Insect bites/stings
- Eliminate UTI and prostate problems by drinking aloe vera
- Inflammation from poison ivy/oak
- Laxative (outer leaf skin only)
- Soothes razor burn
- Stabilizes blood sugar; reduces triglycerides
- Soothes IBS, colitis, and other ailments of the colon
Aloe Vera gel is like a natural sunscreen. It can block 20-30% of UV rays! It is the best thing for sensitive skin because it's PH matches that of human skin.
The skin of the Aloe leaf can be dried and ground up to be used as a laxative. I would use caution though and research that more before trying. The pulp or gel itself can be ingested for digestive irritation or inflammation.
Here's a soothing beverage: Aloe mint juice
- 1/2 Cup Aloe gel ( from inner leaf only)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Few mint sprigs
Know any good Aloe recipes or remedies? I would love to hear from you!