This recipe makes 3 loaves. What you'll need:
- 3 Cups warm water (110 degrees F or 45 C)
- 2 (.25oz) packets of dry active yeast
- 2/3 Cup of honey
- 5 Cups bread flour
- 1/4 Cup ground flax seed (Optional. I buy it whole & grind it myself. It's less expensive)
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 3 1/2 Cups of whole wheat flour ( You may not need all of this)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of melted butter to brush on top
Sometimes I may not use as much honey, depends on how sweet you want it. You can always freeze the extra loaves. This works out well if you slice it first. You can always take out what frozen slices you need or thaw the whole loaf.
Have any tips or suggestions? Send in your photos of you making this recipe for a chance to be featured. I would love to hear from you.