- White granulated Sugar & water, that's it!
It's always a 1:4 ratio, meaning 1 Cup of sugar per 4 Cups of water. The great thing about this recipe is that you can always change the quantity easy enough.
- Add 4 Cups of water to medium saucepan
- Add 1 Cup of sugar, stir
- Heat until all sugar is dissolved, no need to boil.
- Cover mixture and let it cool, off the hot burner preferably.
- Once cool add to feeders or put in jars and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Side note: Please do not add food coloring. It may be harmful to hummingbirds. Also do not use any brown sugars only the regular white granulated sugar.